Insurance Coder/Biller – Tulsa Location
Department: Billing Office
This individual is responsible for billing, follow-up and collection of all insurance claims; maintaining correspondence with patients and carriers, and documentation regarding same; working with supervisor of the accounts receivable department to review problem accounts and identify necessary action to be taken.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years minimum experience in medical office; billing and collections experience preferred.
- NextGen experience, preferred
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent follow-up skills.
- Management of multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Is responsible for full collection procedures on all patients.
- Processes claims daily.
- Answers insurance correspondence and responds to all requests from payers to receive full payments in a timely manner.
- Works closely with Medical Records department to have correct records submitted if requested
- Files and completes all appeals for denied claims
- Communicates with the supervisor of the accounts receivable department any problem accounts.
- Answers patient phone calls and establishes possible payment plans if appropriate and agreeable
- Backs-up other department staff, as needed.
- Performs other duties, as required.