Triad Eye Institute’s corneal specialist, Dr. Ryan P. Conley, uses the iFS Femtosecond laser to insert INTACS into the cornea for the treatment of keratoconus.
INTACS reshape the cornea to correct vision. In the case of keratoconus, INTACS smoothes out the curvature of the cornea, allowing the prescription to be comfortably corrected with contact lenses or glasses. The goal with keratoconus is to possibly delay the need for a corneal transplant.
The Benefits of INTACS
- Outpatient procedure
- Quick and painless
- Preserves the central part of the cornea
- Inserts are not permanent and can be removed or replaced.
Are You a Candidate for INTACS?
The following characteristics may make you a suitable candidate for INTACS:
- 21 years of age or older
- Have nearsightedness and astigmatism as a result of keratoconus
- Be unable to achieve adequate vision correction with glasses or contact lenses
- Have clear central corneas
- Have a corneal transplant procedure as the only remaining option to improve vision
The following characteristics may NOT make you a suitable candidate for INTACS:
- Have Extensive thinning from keratoconus
- Autoimmune or immunodeficiency diseases
- Pregnant or nursing
- Conditions of the eye that may increase the likelihood of future complications
- Taking prescription drugs that may affect corneal healing such as Accutane, Imitrex or Cordarone
Meet Dr. Conley
Ryan P. Conley, D.O. is fellowship-trained and board-certified ophthalmologist specializing in corneal transplant procedures at Triad Eye Institute.
He also performs LASIK blade-free vision correction, LenSx laser-assisted cataract surgery and refractive lens implant surgeries.
Dr. Conley is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Osteopathic College of Ophthalmology Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, American Osteopathic Association, and Oklahoma Osteopathic Association.
Schedule a Consultation
We encourage you to schedule a consultation with Triad Eye Institute today. During our meeting, we will advise on whether or not you’re an ideal candidate for INTACS, as well as compose a custom treatment plan designed to achieve the clear vision you’ve always wanted. Call our office today and one of our seasoned staff members will be able to assist you.